Our decision to homeschool our children centers on the most important of reasons: God has led us to. All other reasons fade when compared to this. We feel this is what God desires for our family and so in obedience we are homeschooling. For the most part I am in compliance with this arrangement, unless of course, you count the days when we are having meltdowns and I daydream of what it must be like to send your children to school! :) However, these are just flitting visions, because just as soon as I wonder about the other side the Lord fills my mind with all the wonderful aspects of homeschooling.
- I get to be with my children each and every day.
- It gives me the opportunity to build strong relationships and bonds with each of them.
- I can teach about God and His Word.
- We can pray in our school and it is recommended!
- We have a flexible schedule and we can change directions at a moments notice.
- Learning experiences are all around us and we can take a break from scheduled school to pursue them.
- I get to cuddle with my children on the couch as we read history, science or a good book.
- My older children are learning by teaching my younger children.
- I can control what my children hear and see- no R rated words, images or conversations in our school.
- If someone is having a bad day we can take a break and reduce the school load a bit.
- I get to learn amazing stuff that I didn't learn in school.
- I get to teach, something I love to do.
"So that your trust may be in the Lord, I teach you today, even you." Proverbs 22:19