2012 was a year of growth, learning, hurting, healing, and a whole lot of leaning on God. It was a good year and a hard year, a blessing and at times a trial, yet an amazingly strengthening year.
2013 is here to stay, but here’s one final shout out for my families past year. I’m linked up with Ashley Sisk and joining in with others as we reflect on 2012 through photography.
2. I Love You – My beautiful family….Joel and are precious little miss…
All my children, Joel, and my mom and dad, enjoying a walk on the beach.
My 3 sisters, my brother, their spouses and children and my mom and dad…. the most important people in my life!
3. Still Laughing… – in August we had a family get together. Someone off the cuff said something about a race and before we knew it old and young were lining up on the road. Some were more serious than others and we got to laughing. All the children old enough to run thought it was the BEST thing ever and wanted to run again, the older and more winded voted them down! But, a rousing game of Capture the Flag took over and the surrounding fields were filled with shrieks and laughter.
4. Winter Wonderland – we just received 4 inches of snow and I made a trip down the road to capture a winter photo of one of my favorite old barns in my neighborhood.
5. Birthday – I don’t get all crazy over my photography when we are doing birthdays. I actually use my on-camera flash (gasp), because we always celebrate at night and I am not going to drive myself and everyone else crazy striving for a perfect photo. My kids birthdays are for them not about me capturing a professional looking photo. And so my birthday photographs always look like snapshots, but I’m okay with that!
6. Friends – I don’t have a single photo that I can share that shows my friends or my children’s friends…. but my two sons are friends and I love to watch them hanging out together.
7. I Was Inspired… – by Macro photography and had to try it out this summer. I have much to learn, but I had fun capturing some close up shots this summer.
8. Spring Fever –
9. Travel or Vacation – Mackinaw Bridge that connects the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan.
10. Summer Days –
11. A Day In My Life – feeding the hungry, voracious boys in my home! This is one of our favorites, Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal.
12. All Smiles –
13. Autumn Harvest –
14. Family or Home –
15. Celebrate! – I don’t have any pictures that I could find that shows celebrate, so this one will have to be for celebrating new life.
16. Let’s Do It Again… – Vacation in the UP!
17. I Miss You – SPRING…
18. Beautiful – summer light!
19. Dress Up – What?! Dress up to play in a mud puddle? Yep! I dressed her up on a unseasonably warm day in February and let her play in the puddles. She loved it!
20. Macro –
21. Holidays –
22. My Favorite – my beautiful family that I was blessed to take photographs for.
23. Don’t Ever Change –
How you think so intricately and all the deep questions you ask…
Your gorgeous smile and contagious laugh…
Your silliness, I love how you clown around….
Your kind heart and sense of humor…
24. Just Because…So There! – one of my favorites that does not fit into any of the categories.
25. Hopes and Dreams – For 2013 my hope is that my family will continue to live strong with integrity, deeply committed, and absolutely in love with our Lord and Savior. With God in the center everything else will fall into place….Beauty unleashed.
Happy New Year!
Linked up with Ashley Sisk: