Heidi from Moms, Ministry and More has given me this wonderful award. Heidi has an amazing blog full of humor, overseas knowledge (like things such as squatty potties) and Godly wisdom. Head on over there, you'll find some great insight.
With this award comes a meme. It is by no means a small one. The original plan calls for a listing of seven items under each heading. (So if you decide to play along you can either list 7 things under each heading or cheat like I'm going to do!) Well, ladies, I'm just a simple girl, really. I don't have that much to say about myself, so I'm going to make it easier on myself and you. Like Heidi, I will be listing one fact about myself under each topic. That way I won't be losing my readers half way through this post (hopefully)!
1. What I Did Before: I graduated with a BA in Elementary Ed. and taught pre-school for a year. A couple of months into it I realized I'd made a mistake. My heart was with my precious baby boy. I taught the rest of the year, loved the children I taught, but then called it quits. I needed to be home.
2. What I Do Now? I am putting my education to good use! Teaching my four children is showing me that college didn't prepare me all that well! It's a new and challenging experience everyday and I'm lovin' it.
3. What I'd Like To Do? Get away for a few days. No laundry, no dishes, no cooking, I just want to relax, relax, relax!
4. What Attracts Me To My Husband? Oh where do I start! His humor, His dark hair and chocolate brown eyes, his deep dimples, his willingness to work hard to support our family, and his wonderful hugs that make me feel so loved and safe.
5. Favorite Food: Um- I can't pick just one. So I will list a few.
- Homemade bread
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Anything Pasta
- COFFEE- one of the basic food groups, right?
- Soups- comfort food at its finest.
6. What I Say Most Often: That's Crazy!
7. Pick Seven Other Bloggers: Okay, here goes, I choose.....
Jamie at Rose Cottage. I have been reading Jamie's Blog for 9 months now. We share the love of homeschooling, nature and picture taking. Jamie's blog is full of beautiful pictures,wonderful insight and inspirational thoughts.
Amy at The Kings Table. Amy's blog is light-hearted and full of fun. She posts some really interesting items that she finds on the internet. Her posts always make me smile!
Amy at Little Toes and Cheerios. Amy is full of honesty and sincerity. She keeps me laughing with all the adorable posts about her daughter and mommyhood.
Marisa at Small Moments Captured. This is my beautiful sister's blog. She is one of the most creative people I know. Let's just say she is very artistically inclined! She is very busy with my niece and nephews and I know she doesn't get to post as often as she wishes, but when she does post her thoughts are always beautifully expressed.
Angela at Becoming Me. I just recently found Angela's blog, but it has touched my heart deeply. She writes beautifully with emotion and strength. Her posts always give me something to ponder and learn.
Jackie at Our Moments, Our Memories. Jackie has some of the most amazing posts. She is a wonderful writer and is able to write so that you can see right to her heart. She has a wonderful sense of humor and you can feel her joy in what she writes.
Kristen at We Are THAT Family. If you want to laugh this is the place. Nobody can leave Kristen's blog without chuckling. She takes every day life and turns it into comic relief. Plus you get the added bonus of the wisdom she imparts about the many different aspects of parenting.
If you get a chance, check out these blogs and leave them a some love with a comment or two!
Have a great weekend!