Thankfulness in Marriage
The discussion questions are:
What are some things that you can publicly thank God for, in relation to your husband?
A while back I was asked about the story about how my husband and I met (this is for you Jackie!). I thought this would be a good time to share our story and list some of the qualities that endear me to my love.
Twenty years ago I met my husband at church. My family had just recently moved and we started attending the church that my grandparents were members of. Joel and his family came to visit our church in December of 1988. We were having a potluck and I remember he was goofing off and being the life of the party. Fast forward, four months, his family and mine both became members of the church. Each Sunday and Wednesday we had opportunities to get to know one another a little better. Then, one evening after Wednesday evening prayer meeting, he followed my cousin and I home down the dirt road that led to our church. I remember turning around and waving at him at each intersection expecting for him to head home, since he lived in the opposite direction from me. Finally, it sunk in that he wasn't headed home. I was giddy! I remember feeling short of breath and excited beyond description. My cousin dropped me off and headed to her house. At that moment Joel pulled into the driveway and I went over to his car. Long story short I ended up sitting in his car talking for 2 hours!
I knew from the moment he followed me home that I would marry him. He was unlike any other boy who had ever showed any interest in me. Every time I was with him or thought of him, I knew he was the one the Lord had chosen for me.
I still love him just as much as I did when we were dating and in some ways I love him deeper and more selflessly. Here are some of the reasons why...
- He has an amazing sense of humor! There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't have me giggling.
- He is a wonderful provider. He works so hard so that I can be home with our children. And he doesn't complain, even if the job he is doing isn't his dream job.
- He still finds me beautiful. And daily he tells me how much he loves me
- He is willing to help others in need and share his time, strength and knowledge with those around him.
- He faithfully attends church with us and talks to our children about God's love for us.
I could go on, but to sum it all up, he is my true love. Given to me from my Heavenly Father and I will cherish him forever.